Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ecaflips or Ecaflip's Coin are the risk-takers of battle. With a wide array of stylish attacks, they gamble their lives on the turn of the cards or the roll of the dice. They have many interesting spells that can easily bring them to ruin, or elevate them to glory. True to their daring nature, they often tempt fate and fight on the front lines, sometimes even damaging themselves with their own spells. Their elemental spells are primarily Earth, with a few Fire spells, a random Air/Water spell, and two Air spells.
The characteristics most closely associated with this class are:
- Strength: It is most recommended to boost your Strength as high as possible to make full use of the majority of the Ecaflip's Earth-based spells, as in the Ecaflip/Strength build.
- Agility: Bluff is an early, powerful attack that does Air damage 50% of the time. In addition, all Ecaflips benefit to some degree from raising it, both for the minor effect on Critical hit and increased odds of dodging and preventing dodges.
- Chance: All or Nothing is a massive AoE healing/damage spell that makes this build very useful and attractive.
The other characteristics are:
- Intelligence: Build with caution. Topkaj can be a potent attack and Intelligence boosts the healing portion of the Ecaflip's largely unreliable healing spells.
- Wisdom: A good set will take care of this one or boost this stat with scrolls. It is recommended not to use characteristic points gained from leveling.
- Vitality: Somewhat useful. Some Ecaflip spells are self-harming and extra Vitality enables Ecaflips to survive them. This trait was more recommended when All or Nothing was the favored build, but is less useful now that its effect has been changed to be less reliable.
The Class spells available to members of the Ecaflip class are:
|Water steal damage on enemies, Heals when used on allies. Pushes the target.|
Water or Air
|Inflicts either Water or Air damage.|
|Ecaflip's Luck||1||Hits taken that turn will heal. But the following turn, incoming damage is doubled.|
|Catnip||1||Grants 1 MP for 1 AP.|
|Heads or Tails||3|| |
|Inflicts medium Earth damage, then heals the target. Heals more on allies. Doesn't heal enemies/damage allies in the Lucky Devil state.|
|Perception||6||Reveals invisible traps and creatures. Increases the caster's and their allies damage. Heals allies if in the Lucky Devil state.|
|Repercussion||9||Increases the target's Vitality temporarily.|
|Summoning Claw||13|| |
Kitten does Water damage.
|Summons a Kitten.|
|All or Nothing||17|| |
|Deals Water damage, then heals on the next turn. Doesn't damage allies/heal enemies if in the Lucky Devil state.|
|Roulette||21||Applies a random boost to everyone for one turn.|
|Medium-ranged Fire damage. Half the damage is dealt if in the Lucky Devil state.|
|Rough Tongue||31|| |
|Medium-ranged Fire damage with a small Area of Effect. Reduces the targets' range.|
|Wheel of Fortune||36||Increases Percent damage at the cost of a loss of resistance in a few turns. Prevents the casting of Clover.|
|Feline Spirit||42|| |
|Short-ranged, high Earth damage. Deals damage to the caster if not used again the next turn. Doesn't deal damage if in the Lucky Devil state.|
|Clover||48||Puts the caster into the Lucky Devil state, which changes some spell effects, greatly increases heals, but decreases damage.|
|Smell||54||Increases the MP of everyone near the caster by 3 and reduces their AP by 3, on the following turn the effects are reversed.|
|Agility damage in a small Area of effect. Applies permanent damage penalty to the targets.|
|Playful Claw||70|| |
|Linear Earth area damage. No Line of Sight necessary. Water damage if in Lucky Devil state.|
|Claw of Ceangal||80|| |
|Air damage. Reduces the target's AP if the target is healed.|
|Deals Earth, Fire, Water and Air damage. Damage occurs after 1, 2 or 3 turns. Damage is increased for each turn.|
|Fate of Ecaflip||100|| |
|Random Earth damage. If target is pushed against a wall, it may remove up to 4 MP per cast (MP removal effect does not stack on same target).|
|Summoning of Ecaflip Dopple||200||Summons an Ecaflip Dopple|
°=Not recommended, +=Longshot build (require high investment), ++=Fun but challenging build, +++=Proven, solid build
|Pure elemental builds|
|Strength-based||+++||Versatile damage build. Has very good range and becomes deadly in close combat. Starts off weak but becomes progressively more powerful at higher levels. Versatile attacking spells. Excellent in PvP and PvM.|
|Intelligence-based||+++||Healing build. Scrolling is highly recommended as soft caps are very low. However, due to the recent buffs to Heads or Tails and Topkaj, it has become just as viable as strength. Switches between using Clover and Wheel of Fortune in order to adapt to the situation.|
|Agility-based||+++||Anti-healing, damage build. Close-combat fighter. Weaker than strength in terms of damage, has less range and is less versatile in offense. Favors weapon combat as critical hits are easier to get. Lower soft caps means scrolling is highly recommended. Likewise to intelligence Ecaflips, in the recent class changes, agility Ecaflips have gained a new spell.|
|Chance-based||+||Health-stealing build. Dependent Bluff, Felintion, All or Nothing, and Playful Claw in the Lucky Devil state. Requires scrolling. Recent changes have rendered it playable.|
|Hybrid elemental builds|
|Agility + Strength||++||Variant of the Strength-based build. Trades damage for better mobility and Critical Hit rate, and larger array of attacks. Has more weapon options. Can also be used to steal a high amount of AP with the Heads or Tails + Claw of Ceangal combo.|
|Intelligence + Vitality||+||Variant of the Intelligence-based build. More defensive.|
|Chance + Agility||++||Variant of the Agility-based build. Bluff deals more consistent damage. Utilizes Felintion at range and Bluff in close-combat.|
|Omni-elemental||+++||Another variant of the Agility-based build. Deals damage with Rekop and Perfidious Boomerang. Extremely expensive to build. High damage with long range when built right.|
See the general Leveling guide or the specific build pages.
- Reading Ecaflip backwards gives "pilface". Add an "e" in between pil and face and you get pileface, which is pronounced roughly the same (as without the e) in French. This comes from the French expression "pile ou face", which is their version of heads or tails.