Fecas or Feca's Shield are a shield-Glyph class with a whole combination of defensive, weakening, and offensive glyph spells. Varying from simple damage reductions such as Rampart, to other - more sophisticated - spells like Feca Shield or Glyph of Repulsion. Fecas are versatile fighters, with damage reduction and offensive abilities in all four Elements. Their biggest advantage over other classes is the ability to reduce most damage - if not all of it, from time to time. A Feca's shield strength depends on their characters level, the higher the level the stronger the shield.
Beside their shields, they have varying offensive spells and skills unique to their class. Most notably their Glyphs. Fecas have a damaging glyph for every element, each also somehow ruining whoever is contained within it - such as Burning Glyph which deals damage in the Fire Element and also steals the MP of anyone standing inside it. Paralysing Glyph and Glyph of Blindness each respectively dealing Water and Earth damage, the former reducing range and the later AP. Because defensive skills are not affected by any characteristics and Fecas possess offensive spells affected by intelligence, strength, agility, and chance, the variety of Feca builds is quite wide.
The characteristics closely associated with this class are:
- Intelligence: Since Fecas have the best Soft Caps in intelligence, this is a common build. Both Burning Glyph and Lethargy reduce MP, allowing the intelligence Fecas to trap their opponents inside their glyph.
- Wisdom: as it raises AP/MP loss resistances, possibility to steal AP/MP and the experience got from fights, this is a common choice for Fecas that reach unpleasant caps with their main statistic. Scrolling wisdom is highly advised before raising.
Other characteristics connected to Fecas are:
- Vitality: alternative to wisdom. Being a defensive statistic, vitality can be an excellent choice for this class. Often raised by Fecas following unorthodox builds.
- Strength: Poor softcaps make Strength Fecas less common. They posses the largest glyph and focus on AP reduction.
- Chance: Poor soft caps make Chance fecas slightly less viable, however Chance Fecas possess the best ranged attacks. (Bubble and Cloudy Attack), and the only ranged Glyph. They specialize in taking range.
- Agility: Close range tanks. Agility softcaps are poor but expensive agility equipment can make up for it. Agility Fecas are able to dodge lock their opponents and make full use of their strongest glyph, Glyph of Repulsion. They specialize in damage reduction.
Scrolling of agility is recommended for any defensive character.
The class spells available to members of the Feca class are:
|Reinforced Protection||Any||N/A||Raises each element resistance for a minimal AP cost.|
|Deals some Neutral damage and takes a few AP.|
|Natural Attack||1|| |
|Ranged Fire attack that steals Intelligence.|
|Rampart||1||N/A||Reduces damage received from all elements.|
|Deals Air damage and steals Agility in a AoE.|
|Ranged Water attack that also reduces range.|
|Barricade||9||N/A||Prevents melee damage and boosts MP when hit at range.|
|Aggressive Glyph||13|| |
|High Air damage glyph that attracts and reduces damage dealt in its AoE.|
|Deals fire damage and reduces MP.|
|Cloudy Attack||21|| |
|Linear ranged Water attack that steals Chance.|
|Bastion||26||N/A||Prevents long-range damage and boosts Power when hit in melee.|
|Close range linear Earth attack that steals Strength.|
|Teleglyph||36||N/A||Movement spell. Teleports the caster and triggers glyphs where you land.|
|Glyph of Repulsion||42|| |
Fire, Water, Earth, Air
|Deals Fire, Water, Earth and Air damage. Contrary to most glyphs, works at the end of one's turn.|
|Truce||48||N/A||Reduces huge amount of damage. Affects everyone on the battlefield. You can't deal damage the turn after.|
|Glyph of Blindness||54|| |
|Earth damage glyph that also reduces AP.|
|Attracts enemies and deals Air damage in a cone.|
|Paralysing Glyph||70|| |
|Water damage glyph that also reduces range.|
|Gravitational Glyph||80||N/A||Glyph that places everyone in AoE under gravity.|
|Burning Glyph||90|| |
|High Fire damage glyph that also reduces MP within its AoE.|
|Feca Shield||100||N/A||Reduces damage taken.|
|Summoning of Feca Dopple||200||N/A||Summons a Feca Dopple.|
°=Not recommended, +=Longshot build (require high investment), ++=Fun but challenging build, +++=Proven, solid build
|Pure elemental builds|
|Strength-based||++||Battleshield build. Backlash provides a powerful close combat attack and Blindness allows to take AP away at longer distances. Excellent choice in weapons.|
|Intelligence-based||+++||Glyphshield build. Most popular. Glyphs can inflict high Area of Effect damage, but may damage allies when used in a wrong way.|
|Chance-based||+||Unorthodox build. Quite difficult to play and generally not recommended for beginners. Uses Bubble for long-range combat, while casting Cloudy Attack at close distances.|
|Agility-based||++||Mobile shield build. Great locking and nice shielding capabilities. Nice damage through Aggressive Glyph, Glyph of Repulsion, Typhoon and Shiver. Short range which can be extenden with Moon Hammer. Can move enemies (Aggressive Glyph and Shiver) and allies (Shiver only). Has poor softcaps therefore needs good equipment and scrolling.|
|Hybrid elemental builds|
|Strength-intelligence||++||A build that combines the variety of weapons of strength Feca and powerful glyphs of his intelligence counterpart. Sometimes focuses on wisdom and AP/MP stealing. Often requires huge investments.|
Feca is an anagram of Cafe, an inside joke.