Fecas or Feca's Shield are a shield-based class with a whole lot of defensive spells. Varying from simple damage reductions such as Earth Armour, to other - most sophisticated - spells like Feca Shield or Spell Rebound. As it is easy to guess, their biggest advantage over other classes is the ability to reduce most damage - if not all of it, from time to time - dealt by their enemies. Feca's shield strength depends on their characters level, the higher the level the stronger the shield.
Beside their shields, they do have some offensive spells and skills unique to their class. Their glyphs might be a good example. These vary from purely offensive - such as Burning Glyph - to AP/MP stealing ones, like Paralyzing Glyph and Glyph of Blindness. Since defensive skills are not affected by any characteristics and Fecas possess offensive spells affected by intelligence, strength and chance, the variety of Feca builds is quite wide.
The characteristics closely associated with this class are:
- Intelligence: since many spells (most notably - glyphs) deal Fire damage, intelligence build is the most common choice for this class. The softcaps are decent, making many Fecas raise intelligence with their characteristic points.
- Wisdom: as it raises AP/MP loss resistances, possibility to steal AP/MP and the experience got from fights, this is a common choice for Fecas that reach unpleasant caps with their main statistic. Scrolling wisdom is highly advised before raising.
Other characteristics connected to Fecas are:
- Vitality: alternative to wisdom. Being a defensive statistic, vitality can be an excellent choice for this class. Often raised by Fecas following unorthodox builds.
- Strength: while uncommon to raise by Fecas, they do possess a few offensive spells that benefit from strength. Not to mention the majority of weapons that deal neutral damage. Main characteristic of strength Fecas.
- Chance: nearly useless for most Feca builds. However, Fecas do have a few spells affected by this statistic (like Bubble or Cloudy Attack). Main characteristic of chance Fecas.
- Agility: while not really an option when it comes to builds (as Fecas don't have any offensive spells dealing Air damage), agility might prove very useful for increasing the dodge rate and critical hit probability. Scrolling of agility is recommended for any defensive character.
The class spells available to members of the Feca class are:
|Reinforced Protection||Any||N/A||Raises each element resistance for a minimal AP cost.|
|Natural Attack||1|| |
|Ranged Fire attack.|
|Earth Armour||1|| |
|Reduces Neutral and Earth damage.|
|Aggressive Glyph||1|| |
|Low Fire damage glyph.|
|Spell Rebound||3||N/A||Makes target reflect offensive spells back to the caster.|
|Deals some Neutral damage and takes a few AP.|
|Glowing Armour||9|| |
|Reduces Fire damage.|
|Cloudy Attack||13|| |
|Linear ranged Water attack with a chance steal.|
|Aqueous Armour||17|| |
|Reduces Water damage.|
|Immunity||21||N/A||Gives the Invulnerable status, making immune to any form of damage.|
|Wind Armour||26|| |
|Reduces Air damage.|
|Ranged Water attack.|
|Truce||36||N/A||Reduces huge amount of damage. Affects everyone on the battlefield.|
|Fraction||42||N/A||Enables to share received damage between all of the targeted allies (beside summons).|
|Close range linear Earth attack.|
|Glyph of Blindness||54||N/A||AP loss glyph.|
|Teleportation||60||N/A||Movement spell. Teleports the caster.|
|Burning Glyph||70|| |
|High Fire damage glyph.|
|Feca Shield||80||N/A||Greatly raises each element resistance.|
|Paralyzing Glyph||90||N/A||MP loss glyph.|
|Glyph of Repulsion||100|| |
Fire, Water, Earth
|Deals Fire, Water and Earth damage. Contrary to most glyphs, works at the end of one's turn.|
|Summoning of Feca Dopple||200||N/A||Summons a Feca Dopple.|
°=Not recommended, +=Longshot build (require high investment), ++=Fun but challenging build, +++=Proven, solid build
|Pure elemental builds|
|Strength-based||++||Battleshield build. Backlash provides a powerful close combat attack and Blindness allows to take AP away at longer distances. Excellent choice in weapons.|
|Intelligence-based||+++||Glyphshield build. Most popular. Glyphs can inflict high Area of Effect damage, but may damage allies when used in a wrong way.|
|Chance-based||+||Unorthodox build. Quite difficult to play and generally not recommended for beginners. Uses Bubble for long-range combat, while casting Cloudy Attack at close distances.|
|Agility-based||°||Agile build. No offensive Air class spells available. Defensive and supportive; focuses on huge health, shields and weapons dealing Air damage. Can use the Moon Hammer at longer distances.|
|Hybrid elemental builds|
|Strength-intelligence||++||A build that combines the variety of weapons of strength Feca and powerful glyphs of his intelligence counterpart. Sometimes focuses on wisdom and AP/MP stealing. Often requires huge investments.|
Feca is an anagram of Cafe; an inside joke.