The Iop or Iop's Heart are excellent damage dealers.
They can get up close to a enemy quickly with Jump and deal massive damage at melee range with spells like Iop's Wrath and Concentration. Or they can keep a bit of distance between themselves and the enemy with Strengthstorm and Celestial Sword. They can even take MP with Cut.
They also posses a number of buffs.
- Main Characteristics
- Strength: The only element for which Iops have relatively good soft caps for. Probably the most common build for Iops, it has the most offensive spells and includes AoE in the form of Sword of Iop, and raw damage with Iop's Wrath.
- Intelligence: The Intelligence Iop has poor soft caps but makes up for it with high base damage spells. The arsenal of strong spells is fullfilled at level 90 with Strengthstorm and Sword of Fate.
- Agility: Although Iops don't have many Air spells, Agility is still a popular build due to its mobility and that most of its spells have an AoE. Due to the low softcaps, it will need to be scrolled to be effective.
- Other Characteristics
- Chance: With no water spells, Chance Iops are an extremely ineffective build.
- Vitality: Because Iops are mainly a melee class a high vitality is useful for getting in close to the enemy and staying there. It also determines the amount of vitality given by the Vitality spell.
- Wisdom: As with the majority of classes, there is no real need to raise Wisdom besides gaining resistance against AP/MP theft.
The class spells available to members of the Iop class are:
|Brokle||Exchange for Doploons||Iop special spell. Makes all spells do their maximum roll on a target.|
|Intimidation inflicts neutral damage and repels the enemy.|
|Pressure inflicts Earth-type damage within a range of 3 squares.|
|Jump||1||Jump allows the user to teleport. It also lowers the resistances of enemies next to where they land.|
|Vitality||3||Vitality increases the vitality of the caster by a percentage for 4 turns.|
|Divine Sword||6|| |
|Divine Sword inflicts Air-type damage while adding to the damage inflicted by the caster.|
|Destructive Sword||9|| |
|Destructive sword inflicts Fire-type damage that extends one square on each side of the target.|
|Poutch||13||When the target receives spell damage, it suffers an extra 20% of the damage received and inflicts it in an area of effect.|
|Blow||17||Blow repels allies and enemies from the targeted square.|
|Concentration causes close range Earth-type damage. Summons take increased damage.|
|Cut inflicts Fire-type damage in a linear path and can also remove MP.|
|Friction||31||The target gets closer to its attacker if it receives spell damage. The caster must be in line with the target.|
|Duel||36||Removes target's and caster's MP and applies the Gravity state. Inflicts Air-type damage based on the target's eroded HP.|
|Sword of Judgment||42|| |
|Sword of Judgement inflicts Air-type damage, with slight Fire-type life steal.|
|Power||48||Power adds a percentage increase to the damages inflicted by the caster or an ally.|
|Precipitation||54||Increases the target's AP for the current turn but reduces AP the following turn. Cannot be used with weapons or the spell Iop's Wrath.|
|Strengthstorm inflicts heavy Fire-type damage.|
|Celestial Sword||70|| |
|Celestial Sword inflicts heavy Air-type damage by throwing flashes of lightning at any player within its area.|
|Sword of Iop||80|| |
|Sword of Iop inflicts Earth-type damage to several enemies.|
|Sword of Fate||90|| |
|Sword of Fate inflicts Fire-type damage and also extra Fire-type damage based on the eroded HP of the target. Damage is also increased on the second turn used.|
|Iop's Wrath||100|| |
|Iop's Wrath inflicts heavy Earth-type damage and increases its base damage for 4 turns. When used while the base damage is increased, it inflicts colossal damage.|
|Summoning of Iop Dopple||200||Summons an Iop Dopple|
°=Not recommended, +=Longshot build (require high investment), ++=Fun but challenging build, +++=Proven, solid build
|Pure elemental builds|
|Strength-based||+++||Crusher build. Easiest to develop and is the most popular approach. Inflicts tremendous melee damage.|
|Intelligence-based||+++||Firestorm build. Deals consistent damage at moderate range.Strengthstorm inflicts heavy Fire-type damage.|
|Agility-based||++||Celestial build. Has powerful short range Area of Effect attacks. Can also rely on Moon Hammer. Easy to start with but offers poor damage in higher levels.|
|Hybrid elemental builds|
|Agility + Intelligence||+||Combines Intelligence-based and Agility-based builds for both good range and Area of Effect damage. Sword of Judgement benefits from both elements. Difficult; not recommended as a first character.|
See the general Leveling guide or the specific build pages.
Iops are often referred as idiots, dumb or even brainless in some item descriptions of Dofus (Kriptonite, Evil Dandelion Flower, Kluh's Boots and Dark Treechnid Root Wand as some examples). This is related with its class characteristics and skills, which can be related to the stereotypical strong, but dumb warrior of many games, TV shows and RPGs in general.