Out of all the classes Osamodas have the most summoning spells, and the most spells with which to buff both their summons and allies. Although some people may frown on Osamodas as their summons lengthen a battle, an Osamodas' true strength comes from these summons. Whether it be by mass summoning Gobballs, or with a lone Crackler which has been massively buffed, Osamodas and their summons can be a formidable force to face.
Despite mainly being focused on summoning, Osamodas do have several attack spells. Although an Osamodas is unlikely to charge an opponent, they can hit an opponent from afar with spells such as Ghostly Claw and Lashing Claw, as well as hitting through objects with Crow. And if the enemy does get too close, they are able do deal large amounts of damage using Crackler Punch.
Overall being an Osamodas is very much a balancing act. Intuition plays a big deal as an Osamodas has to anticipate the moves of their summons (which can often act rather foolishly). This means an Osamodas has to be adaptable to any situation. Given all these spells and summons, an experienced Osamodas can be a versatile and effective character.
The Osamodas' characteristics do not affect those of their summons. Instead their summons gain +1% Life and +1% to each of their stats per level of their summoner.
- Intelligence: The majority of the Osamodas' attack spells are Fire, so high Intelligence is a good thing to have. This characteristic comes in handy especially if you use an Osamodas' attack to finish off an enemy or to maximize damage along with summons. This stat would also affect the healing you do with Animal Healing, or with healing weapons such as Boogey Wand. An Osamodas has high soft caps for Intelligence, so an Int Osa would be able to get a high base. This build is popular with people who wish to attack along with their summons.
- Vitality: Although Vitality has no effect on any damage spells, it can be useful for Osamodas. An Osamodas' summons can only exist if their summoner is alive, as of such it is important for the Osamodas to last as long as they can. Vitality is always 1:1, so an Osamodas could have a very good amount of base Vitality, even without equipment. This build is quite popular for summoners who want to rely more on their summons than their attack spells.
- Agility: Not a particularly recommended stat for Osamodas. It can be useful for escaping from enemies, though there's no reason to escape from enemies if you avoid them in the first place. Osamodas do have low Agility soft caps, so an Agility Osamodas would probably put points into Vitality, and raise Agility with Equipment. Agility is for those who like the idea of a Vitality build, but want to have an option if an enemy reaches them.
- Strength: Not particularly recommended. It would be useful in a team due to it increasing the damage of Whip, and as a close combat fighter as they would not require weapons to be maged. The Osamodas Strength soft caps are relatively low though, so a Strength Osa might prefer to put points into Vitality. Strength is for the Osamodas who wants to mainly use summons, but also be a help in a team.
- Chance: Not recommended for beginners. Osamodas do have a single Water spell and the Osamodas soft caps are the same for chance as they are for Intelligence. It's an alternative build for someone who wants to have an option outside of just summons, but doesn't want to be a Int Osa.
- Wisdom: Not recommended for this or most other classes. It's best to use scrolls of Wisdom and equipment to boost this stat instead of stat points gained from level increases. However once high soft caps are reached (4:1, 5:1) some players may spend points in Wisdom.
The class spells available to members of the Osamodas class are:
|Spiritual Leash||Exchange for Doploons||Revives the last defeated ally, with a % of their life.|
|Summoning of Tofu||1|| |
Tofu does Air damage.
|Summons a Tofu which fights alongside you.|
|Ghostly Claw||1|| |
|Ghostly Claw inflicts moderate Fire damage.|
|Natural Defense||1||Natural Defense increases the Vitality of a Summon or a friend for several turns.|
|Animal Blessing||3||Animal Blessing increases the number of Summonable Creatures for the target.|
|Feline Movement||6||Feline Movement increases the MP of a summon or a friend for several turns.|
|Summoning of Gobball||9|| |
Gobball does Neutral damage.
|Summons a Gobball which fights alongside you.|
|Toad||13||Toad reduces the damage undergone by a Summon or a friend for serveral turns.|
|Summoning of Prespic||17||Summons a Prespic which fights alongside you.|
|Causes Earth-type damage to enemies. Kills the target if it is an allied summon.|
|High-Energy Shot||26||High Energy Shot increases the AP of a Summon or a friend for several turns.|
|Crow deals low fire damage and needs no LoS.|
|Lashing Claw||36|| |
|Lashing Claw deals moderate Water damage.|
|Animal Healing||42||Animal Healing heals Summons and friends.|
|Summoning of Boar||48|| |
Boar does Neutral damage
|Summons a Boar which fights alongside you.|
|Crackler Punch||54|| |
|Crackler Punch deals high fire damage in an AoE.|
|Bear Cry||60||Bear Cry increases the amount of damage done by a Summon or a friend for a few turns.|
|Summoning of Bwork Magus||70|| |
Bwork Magus does Fire and Water damage
|Summons a Bwork Magus which fights alongside you.|
|Fangs of Boowolf||80||Fangs of Boowolf increases (By percentage) the damage cause by a Summon or an ally for several turns.|
|Summoning of Crackler||90|| |
Crackler does Earth damage
|Summons a Crackler which fights alongside you.|
|Summoning of Red Wyrmling||100|| |
Red Wyrmling does Fire damage
|Summons a Red Wyrmling which fights alongside you.|
|Summoning of Osamodas Dopple||200||Summons a Osamodas Dopple which fights alongside you.|
°=Not recommended, +=Longshot build (require high investment), ++=Fun but challenging build, +++=Proven, solid build
|Pure elemental builds|
|Intelligence-based||+++||Balanced summoner. Most popular. Supports summons with buffs and offensive spells. Intelligence further boosts the effectiveness of Animal Healing, and along with Crow, this build encourages the use of tough creatures, starting from the Gobball.|
|Chance-based||+||Offensive summoner. More difficult to develop. Has to rely on summons and/or weapons until level 36. Lashing Claw is more powerful and has greater range than Ghostly Claw at very high levels, but Animal Healing becomes less powerful. They deal with the misfortune of not having Crow and Crackler Punch that can hit through obstacles.|
|Strength-based||+||Unsummoner build. Also hard to develop. Whip's damage is increased. Whip can deal moderate damage to enemies, but Osamodas' have lower Strength softcaps than either Intelligence or Chance.|
|Hybrid elemental builds|
|Intelligence + Strength + Vitality||+||Defensive variant of the Intelligence-based build with stronger unsummoning.|
|Vitality-based||+++||Pure summoner. Focuses on increasing AP and summoning capacity to overwhelm enemies with creatures. Dependent on good equipment, but can be very powerful in PvP if done right.|
- Osamodas backwards is "sadomaso" which means sadistic masochist, relating to the practice of sadomasochism. Osamodas seem to enjoy pain for pleasure, which is a characteristic of both sadism and masochism.
- The Osamodas god is believed to be the most powerful god and is actually a Demon.