Hello! How are you?
You're in luck! I'm just organising a daily hunt for tourists who are fed up of having too much time on their hands.
Hurry up! The clock's ticking.
Step 1: Shells and Crustaceans for SpecialistsEdit
- You have 15 minutes to gather as many shells as you can from the beaches of Vulkania. When this time has elapsed, you can take them to Thomas Cork in the hopes of earning a little reward
- Gather the shells and take them to Thomas Cork when 15 minutes have passed
Let's see if you're as good at collecting seashells as you are at senselessly killing fauna.
In exchange for all those shells you've brought me, you can have this.
First, it is recommended that you scout the areas of the perimeter of the island so you can get a better understanding of where the shells are located. You have only 15 minutes to gather the shells, after which time you will no longer be able to pick them up. It is recommended that you use a mount in order to move the fastest so that you can get the most shells and score the most points. When you are ready, speak to Thomas Cork at [-49,44] to start the quest.
There are three main locations where you can obtain shells. Starting from Thomas Cork's position, head to the southern and western beaches. Once you have finished with the south and west beaches, head straight up to the north beach, where you will find many more shells.
You can collect 4 different types of shells and a useless Used Sole. The shells you can collect are:
When you can no longer collect shells, head back to Thomas Cork and exchange the shells for the indicated values above.
Points are given as 1 point per Thomas Cork Card.
NOTE: In order to get the highest score, you should choose the option to "Give the different types of shells", rather than only a single type of shell at a time.
If you exchange the different types of shells with 5 of each shell, you will get 75 Thomas Cork Cards.
If you exchange the different types of shells with 1 of each shell, you will get 15 Thomas Cork Cards.
If you exchange individual types of shells at a time, you will gain only multiples of the point values listed above.
- Level-Based XP
- Various items
Various items are rewarded, in addition to character-level-based xp; the items you win depend upon the number of Thomas Cork Cards you have. Examples are given below.
- 103 Thomas Cork Cards gives you 1 Fisherman Scroll and 653,400 xp (level 132)
- 117 Thomas Cork Cards gives you 1 Mature Mud and 663,338 xp (level 133)
- 151 Thomas Cork Cards gives you 1 Mature Mud and 1 Fisherman Scroll and 663,338 xp (level 133)
- 155 Thomas Cork Cards gives you 2 Mature Powders and 663,338 xp (level 133)
- 170 Thomas Cork Cards gives you 2 Mature Puddles and 1 Fisherman Scroll and 663,338 xp (level 133)